Sunken fire pits are all the rage these days. They are making the most of our gardens. They make them a social place that you can use in all weathers, no matter the season, because of the fact that you can add a fire pit to keep the party going when it gets cold. An outdoor sunken seating area is a brilliant way to bring people together and improve the atmosphere in a garden space. But how to create sunken seating area yourself?
DIY Sunken Fire Pit with Seating
You can also create your own Fire pit with seating outdoors. DIY sunken fire pit seating is great because it brings everyone together, and makes being outdoors fun! Wondering how to build a sunken seating area? Look no further. We have the complete guide.
How to make a sunken garden seating area?
Check out our instructions below on how to make a garden sunken seating area. DIY sunken garden seating is actually remarkably easy and will surprise you on how
How to build a Sunken Fire Pit with Seating?
- Measure how big you would like your Sunken seating area garden & fire pit. It is important to plan out the space beforehand so you can be sure that you have a space that is well planned out with no room for error
- Clear the area of leaves, and other things
- Start digging! We recommend 1 meter-1.5 meters for the best fire pit zone. You may have different ideas, and that’s fine! These measurements can differ from garden to garden.
- Once you have done this you should create a foundation of cement so this will keep away dilapidation and corrosion of the materials of the sunken seating in garden
- Lay bricks, so you have strong sides. This will also insulate the sides.
- Floor. Place down a layer of hardcore and sand on the floor so it is well structured.
- Customise! Here you could have the seating, for instance super cool and funky waterproof cushions. You can also add a fire pit which will provide warmth and light to you and your friends.
Sunken Seating Area with Fire Pit
These areas are superb, and the fire pit improves the vibe of the garden, and the general look and feel. The roaring fire is a very primal thing to watch and observe; humans have a fascination with fire and watching the dancing flames is entertaining, and also provides heat to the guests, visitors and more!
Sunken Outdoor Seating
Sunken outdoor seating is also brilliant because it is not an eyesore. From the window looking out into your garden, a sunken garden seat is not visible, so it still maintains your gardens natural look. You can also place a cover over your sunken outdoor seating area – for protection in the winter months.
We hope you have found out how to build sunken seating area! It is totally fun and very on trend with 2020 and beyond. Check out all of the different styles and variations you can have ! Our sunken seating fire pit is super fun, and you will find some great Sunken garden seating area inspo on Pinterest!