Tyre chairs and tables
You may have some old tyres laying around in the garage, yard or garden. Or even there’s a bunch of them piled up at a friends house. Well, what can you do with them I hear you say?
It is possible to make chairs and tables that are fully functional and actually look great believe it or not. This being said, we are going to explore the art of tyre art and how it is used around the world to be a great way to upcycle furniture and make something fun.
Tyre chair ideas
So there’s a few things you can do. You can make a basic stool, a rocking chair, a backed chair and even more. There are really no limits on what you can make with these Tyres. The other great thing is that they paint well, so you can pick a colour and they look great!
tyre furniture collection
You can even make an ottoman collection, along with a coffee table and some armchairs for the outdoors. We think this is great because oftentimes people buy new garden furniture but really there is not much need for this. All wooden outdoor furniture rots after a while, and plastic, as we know, is not great for the environment so rtelly we have to think about recycling and also the benefits of having a project.
tyre chair price
These will set you back only around $20 for the materials. If you are going to buy one from a vendor, you may be looking at a lot more . $100 may be more the ballpark figure we are talking about. Give tyre decoration a go yourself! It’s super fun! And a great use for old tyres in the garden.
Diy tire chair with back
So, for this one you have to think about materials fuirst.
- Simply you will need a Tyre, and some plywood.
- Cut two circles with the ply, the same size as the Tyres. Now you have done this, you have the base of your chair and the area you will sit on. Now you can screw this on to the tyre with a drill and screws.
- Now you need something soft to sit on because your diy tire chair with your back is not going to be very comfortable without it!
- So simply get some sponge, and staple it to the ply, then get a Covering of your choice.
- If you are going to make a back on the chair, you could fashion itwith wood, or even cut a strip of the tyre and arrange it like that.
- You can also make tire chairs with rope
how to make tyre sofa
For making a tyre sofa, this is a little different, because it obviously has to be bigger. You could begin by measuring the tyres and deciding how big you want them. After you have done this, affix your tyres together for the desired effect and there you have it! This is another great way to make and DIY lounge chairs made out of old tires. I think they look best outdoors cos they are durable and weatherproof, but they can also look quirky indoorts.
tyre table ideas
This one is easy. Do it how you started with the chair and cut some ply, then you can paint it all one funky colour such as yellow or white. If you don’t want to do this I have also seen them with plexiglass tops which look good because you get the full effect that it is a type.
how to make chairs with old tires?
how to cut old tires
You may want a Stanley knife or something larger like a hacksaw if it is a particularly large hacksaw.